(70 ILCS 410/16) (from Ch. 96 1/2, par. 7126)
    Sec. 16. A district may apply for and receive the grant or loan of money or other financial aid necessary for the undertaking, performance or execution of any of its corporate objects or purposes from any department or agency of the state or federal government. A district may undertake any of its activities aided by, in cooperation with or as a joint enterprise with any department or agency of the state or federal government or any other conservation district, forest preserve district, park district, school district, planning commission, county board, municipality or other governmental unit.
    Any county board, municipality, district or other governmental unit may aid any conservation district in any appropriate manner including equipping, operating and maintaining any conservation or recreation areas and providing, conducting and supervising programs of activities, and may appropriate money for such purposes. All county officers shall render such assistance as shall not interfere with their regular employment. The county board is authorized to make available to the use of the district such county-owned equipment and operators and county-owned materials as it deems advisable.
(Source: Laws 1963, p. 3000.)