(65 ILCS 5/2-4-9) (from Ch. 24, par. 2-4-9)
    Sec. 2-4-9. Upon petition of a majority of the electors residing within any unincorporated town or unincorporated village, the circuit court of the county within which such town or village is situated, at any regular term, may change the name of such town or village after, (1) the plat of such town or village has been filed with the recorder in the specified county, and (2) there has been a compliance with the provisions of Section 2-4-2.
(Source: P.A. 83-358.)