(65 ILCS 5/11-86-1) (from Ch. 24, par. 11-86-1)
    Sec. 11-86-1. Any city, incorporated town or village may construct and maintain an elevated way in or upon any street, and construct and maintain all necessary approaches, inclines and superstructures, and may by ordinance authorize any commission or board having jurisdiction of a public park or parks to take over, maintain and control any street or way, incline, approach or superstructure therein upon terms fixed by such ordinance.
(Source: Laws 1961, p. 576.)