(65 ILCS 5/11-110-3) (from Ch. 24, par. 11-110-3)
    Sec. 11-110-3. Whenever, in the judgment of the corporate authorities of a city or village, it becomes necessary or advantageous for the proper construction of improvements specified in Section 11-110-1 to enlarge, construct, or improve a natural or artificial drain outside the corporate limits of the city or village to obtain a proper outlet, the corporate authorities have the power to acquire the right of way therefor under the provisions of the statutes relating to the exercise of the right of eminent domain. Upon the establishment of this improvement, by the confirmation of the assessment therefor, the corporate authorities have the power to contract with all persons owning or interested in property or drains, outside the corporate limits of the city or village, who will be benefited by the improvement, for payment to the city or village of such an amount as the improvement will benefit those persons. In case of a failure to agree on the amount to be paid for these benefits the corporate authorities of the city or village have the power to sue for and recover the amount in a civil action in any court of competent jurisdiction in this state. The amount recovered or realized by such an agreement or proceeding shall become a part of the money raised to pay for the improvement, and may be refunded in accordance with the provisions of Section 9-2-74.
(Source: Laws 1961, p. 576.)