(55 ILCS 5/3-11006) (from Ch. 34, par. 3-11006)
    Sec. 3-11006. Investment of county moneys; release of private funds in custody of county treasurer.
    (a) All county moneys shall be invested in one or more of the following: (1) interest-bearing savings accounts, interest-bearing certificates of deposit or interest-bearing time deposits constituting direct obligations of any bank as shall have been selected and designated under the terms of this Division and as shall have complied with the requirements thereof; (2) shares or other forms of securities legally issuable by savings and loan associations incorporated under the laws of this State or any other state or under the laws of the United States, provided such shares or securities are insured by the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation; (3) bonds, notes, certificates of indebtedness, treasury bills or other securities now or hereafter issued, which are guaranteed by the full faith and credit of the United States of America as to principal and interest; (4) short term discount obligations of the Federal National Mortgage Association; and (5) dividend-bearing share accounts, share certificate accounts, or class of share accounts of a credit union chartered under the laws of this State or the laws of the United States, provided the accounts of that credit union are insured by applicable law and the credit union's principal office is located within the State of Illinois. The expressed judgment of the county treasurer as to the time when any county moneys will be required for expenditure or be redeemable is final and conclusive. Privately owned funds held in the custody of a county treasurer must be released to the appropriate party at the earliest reasonable time, but in no case exceeding 31 days, after the private party becomes entitled to the receipt of them.
    (b) In addition to any other investments or deposits authorized under this Code, all counties are authorized to invest county moneys in accordance with the Public Funds Investment Act.
(Source: P.A. 97-129, eff. 7-14-11.)