(35 ILCS 200/21-400)
    Sec. 21-400. Special assessments withdrawn or forfeited.
    In counties with 3,000,000 or more inhabitants, the county clerk, upon request of the city comptroller or other municipal officer authorized by the city council or board of trustees of any city, village or incorporated town to make such request, shall issue to the city, village or incorporated town, a certificate of withdrawal or forfeiture countersigned by the county collector for each property withdrawn or forfeited for non-payment of any special assessment. The certificate of withdrawal or forfeiture shall describe the property withdrawn or forfeited, the date of the withdrawal or forfeiture, and the amount of the special assessment, interest and costs.
(Source: P.A. 76-2254; 88-455.)