(20 ILCS 2610/11.5)
(This Section may contain text from a Public Act with a delayed effective date
Merit Board annual report.
(a) The Illinois State Police Merit Board shall report annually to the Governor and General Assembly the following information:
(1) the number of state police officers terminated in
the preceding calendar year;
(2) the number of cadet written tests administered
and the pass and fail rate;
(3) cadet physical fitness testing and locations;
(4) the number of cadet applicants who administered a
physical fitness test and the pass and fail rate;
(5) the number of cadet applicants who failed the
background investigation and general categories for failure; and
(6) the number of cadet applicants certified for each
(b) The Board shall also report the number of promotional tests and assessments administered and the number of persons who were certified for promotion. All reported categories and data shall contain a gender and ethnic breakdown for those individuals. The Illinois State Police shall cooperate with the Board by providing any necessary information to complete this annual report. The report shall also identify strategies for promoting diversity and inclusion in all testing, including promotional testing, and cadet recruitment, and barriers to advancement of these goals. The first report shall be filed no later than March 31, 2022.
(Source: P.A. 101-652, eff. 1-1-22.)