(20 ILCS 1205/8)
(from Ch. 17, par. 109)
The Director shall direct and supervise all Department
administrative and technical activities, in addition to the duties imposed
upon him elsewhere in this Code, and shall:
(1) Apply and carry out this Code and the laws and all rules adopted in
(2) Appoint, subject to the provisions of the Personnel Code, such
employees of the Department and such experts and special assistants as may
be necessary to carry out effectively the provisions of this Code.
(3) Foster and develop programs with financial institutions, for the
best interests of these institutions, their services and the people of the
State of Illinois.
(4) Attend meetings of the Advisory Boards created by laws relating to
(5) Make continuous studies and report his recommendations to the
Governor for the improvement of the Department.
(6) Make an annual report regarding the work of the Department and such
special reports as he may consider desirable to the Governor, or as the
Governor may request.
(7) Perform any other lawful acts which he may consider necessary or
desirable to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Law.
(Source: Laws 1957, p. 369.)