(5 ILCS 225/7) (from Ch. 111 2/3, par. 607)
    Sec. 7. (a) The Contracting Parties or the Board of Directors of every Association may take such action alone, or by agreement or contract with any other university or unit of local government as shall be necessary or appropriate to maintain and promote efficient transportation systems within the State.
    (b) The Contracting Parties and the Board of Directors of any Association shall have authority to receive and utilize such funds as may be allocated to the Contracting Parties or Association by the Department of Transportation, or any other agency of the State or Federal Government, for the purposes and in accordance with the procedures, established by this Act.
(Source: P.A. 77-182.)