(5 ILCS 180/2)
(1) "Electronic" means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic,
wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
(2) "Legal material" means, whether or not in effect:
(A) the Illinois Constitution;
(B) the Laws of Illinois;
(C) the Illinois Compiled Statutes;
(D) the Illinois Administrative Code;
(E) the following categories of State administrative
agency decisions: final administrative decisions;
(F) reported decisions of the following State courts:
Illinois Supreme Court, Illinois Appellate Court, and
Illinois Court of Claims; or
(G) Illinois Supreme Court rules.
(3) "Official publisher" means:
(A) for the Illinois Constitution, the Secretary of
(B) for the Laws of Illinois, the Secretary of State;
(C) for Illinois Compiled Statutes, the Secretary of
(D) for a rule published in the Illinois
Administrative Code, the Secretary of State;
(E) for a rule not published in the Illinois
Administrative Code, the State agency adopting the rule;
(F) for a State agency decision included under
paragraph (2)(E), the State agency issuing the decision;
(G) for a State court decision included under
paragraph (2)(F), the Illinois Supreme Court, Reporter of Decisions;
(H) for State court rules, the Illinois Supreme
(I) for Decisions of the Court of Claims, the
(4) "Publish" means to display, present, or release to the public, or cause to be displayed, presented, or released to the public, by the official publisher.
(5) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(6) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(Source: P.A. 98-1097, eff. 1-1-15