|10100HB1583sam001||- 2 -||LRB101 06265 SLF 59111 a|
(3) State the time and place of the offense as
definitely as can be done
by the complainant; and
(4) Be subscribed and sworn to by the complainant.
(b-5) If an arrest warrant is sought and the request is
made by electronic means that has a simultaneous video and
audio transmission between the requester and a judge, the judge
may issue an arrest warrant based upon a sworn complaint or
sworn testimony communicated in the transmission.
(c) A warrant shall be issued by the court for the arrest
of the person
complained against if it appears from the
contents of the complaint and the
examination of the
complainant or other witnesses, if any, that the person
whom the complaint was made has committed an offense.
(d) The warrant of arrest shall:
(1) Be in writing;
(2) Specify the name, sex and birth date of the person
to be arrested
or if his name, sex or birth date is
unknown, shall designate such person
by any name or
description by which he can be identified with reasonable
(3) Set forth the nature of the offense;
(4) State the date when issued and the municipality or
(5) Be signed by the judge of the court with the title
of his office;
|10100HB1583sam001||- 3 -||LRB101 06265 SLF 59111 a|
(6) Command that the person against whom the complaint
was made be
arrested and brought before the court issuing
the warrant or if he is
absent or unable to act before the
nearest or most accessible court in the
(7) Specify the amount of bail; and
(8) Specify any geographical limitation placed on the
execution of the
warrant, but such limitation shall not be
expressed in mileage.
(e) The warrant shall be directed to all peace officers in
the State. It
shall be executed by the peace officer, or by a
private person specially
named therein, at any location within
the geographic limitation for
execution placed on the warrant.
If no geographic limitation is placed on
the warrant, then it
may be executed anywhere in the State.
warrant may be issued electronically or
electronic mail or
transmission machine and any
warrant shall have the
same validity as a written warrant.
(Source: P.A. 86-298; 87-523.)".