|HB1070 Enrolled||- 2 -||LRB098 02904 MLW 32915 b|
(16) Soil improvement.
(17) Crop improvement.
(18) Livestock or poultry improvement.
(19) Professional, commercial, industrial, or trade
(20) Promoting the development, establishment, or
(21) Electrification on a cooperative basis.
(22) Telephone service on a mutual or cooperative
(23) Ownership and operation of water supply
drinking and general domestic use on a
mutual or cooperative basis.
(24) Ownership or administration of residential
property on a
(25) Administration and operation of property owned on
condominium basis or by a homeowner association.
(26) Administration and operation of an organization
cooperative basis producing or furnishing goods,
or facilities primarily for the benefit of its
are consumers of those goods, services, or
(27) Operation of a community mental health board or
|HB1070 Enrolled||- 3 -||LRB098 02904 MLW 32915 b|
organized pursuant to the Community Mental Health
Act for the purpose of
providing direct patient services.
(28) Provision of debt management services as
authorized by the Debt
Management Service Act.
(29) Promotion, operation, and administration of a
ridesharing arrangement as defined in Section 1-176.1 of
the Illinois Vehicle Code.
(30) The administration and operation of an
organization for the
purpose of assisting low-income
consumers in the acquisition of utility and
(31) Any purpose permitted to be exempt from taxation
Sections 501(c) or 501(d)
of the United States
Internal Revenue Code,
as now in
or hereafter amended.
(32) Any purpose that would qualify for tax-deductible
gifts under the
Section 170(c) of the United States
Internal Revenue Code, as now
or hereafter amended. Any
such purpose is deemed to be charitable
(a)(1) of this Section.
(33) Furnishing of natural gas on a cooperative basis.
(34) Ownership and operation of agriculture-based
biogas (anaerobic digester) systems on a cooperative basis
including the marketing and sale of products produced from
these, including but not limited to methane gas,
electricity, and compost.
(b) A corporation may be organized hereunder to serve in an
|HB1070 Enrolled||- 4 -||LRB098 02904 MLW 32915 b|
area that adjoins or borders (except for any intervening
natural watercourse) an area located in an adjoining state
intended to be similarly served, and the corporation may
any corporation created by the adjoining state having
identical purpose and organized as a not-for-profit
corporation. Whenever any corporation organized under this
so joins with a foreign corporation having an identical
purpose, the corporation shall be permitted to do business
Illinois as one corporation; provided (1) that the name,
provisions, officers, and directors of each
identical, (2) that the foreign corporation
complies with the
provisions of this Act relating to the
admission of foreign
corporation, and (3) that the Illinois
corporation files a
statement with the Secretary of State
indicating that it has
joined with a foreign corporation
setting forth the name
thereof and the state of its incorporation.
(Source: P.A. 94-738, eff. 5-4-06.)
This Act takes effect upon