|SB0666 Enrolled||- 2 -||LRB100 07900 AWJ 17972 b|
established political party different
from the party holding the caucus.
(b) The rules of procedure shall include the following:
(1) No caucus shall commence earlier than 6:00 p.m.
(2) The caucus shall commence at the place specified in
the notice of
(3) Procedures by which qualified caucus participants
determine by a
majority vote the duties of caucus judges of
election. Caucus judges of
election shall be appointed by a
majority vote of the township or
committee. No judge of the Supreme Court, appellate
or circuit court or associate judge shall serve as a caucus
(4) Nominations for selection as a candidate shall be
accepted from any
qualified participant of the caucus.
(5) The method of voting (i.e., written ballot, voice
vote, show of hands,
standing vote) for determining the
candidate or candidates selected for
(6) Whether candidates will be selected as a slate or
nominees for each office.
(7) Whether written notice of intent to be a caucus
nominee is required.
(8) Other rules deemed necessary by the central
the time the rules are promulgated or by the
majority of the qualified
caucus participants when the
rules are being considered at their meeting.
|SB0666 Enrolled||- 3 -||LRB100 07900 AWJ 17972 b|
(9) A participant in a caucus shall be entitled to only
one vote for each office for which he or she is voting. A
participant's vote shall not be weighted to be equal to
more than one vote.
(c) Individuals participating at an established political
or multi-township caucus shall comply with each
of the following:
(1) A participant shall be registered under Article 4,
5, or 6 of
the Election Code.
(2) A participant shall be registered within the
which the nomination is made.
(3) A participant shall sign an affidavit that he or
she is a registered
voter and affiliated with the
established political party holding the caucus.
(4) A participant shall not take part in the
proceedings of more
than one established political party
township and multi-township caucus for the
This requirement also applies to the township and
(5) A participant shall not sign a petition of
nomination for an
independent or new political party
candidate for the same election.
(6) A participant shall not become an independent
candidate or a
of another established political
party or a new political party for the
(d) The voters participating at an established political
|SB0666 Enrolled||- 4 -||LRB100 07900 AWJ 17972 b|
party township or
multi-township caucus shall not select for
nomination more candidates than
there are to be elected for
(e) No candidate for nomination at a township or
shall be required to do either of the
(1) Circulate and file nominating petitions to become a
candidate at the
(2) File a fee to become a candidate at the caucus.
(Source: P.A. 92-119, eff. 1-1-02.)
This Act takes effect upon