|HB5330 Enrolled||- 2 -||LRB098 15073 NHT 50862 b|
representing school principals.
(8) One school district board member representing an
association representing school board members.
(9) One early childhood center administrator.
(10) One assessment expert.
(11) One representative of the State Board of
(12) One representative of regional superintendents of
(13) One representative of a 4-year institution of
(14) One representative of a 2-year institution of
(15) One citizen who is a resident of this State.
(16) One representative from an organization
representing high school districts.
(17) One bilingual education educator.
(18) One school principal representing an association
representing school principals in a city having a
population exceeding 500,000.
(19) One special education administrator of a school
The task force shall also consist of the following members
appointed as follows:
(A) One member of the Senate appointed by the President
of the Senate.
|HB5330 Enrolled||- 3 -||LRB098 15073 NHT 50862 b|
(B) One member of the Senate appointed by the Minority
Leader of the Senate.
(C) One member of the House of Representatives
appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(D) One member of the House of Representatives
appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of
The State Superintendent shall appoint one of the task
force members as chairperson of the task force. The task force
shall meet at least 4 times to review standardized assessments.
This review shall include at least 5% of school districts in
this State that represent a regionally equal sampling selected
from among those counties of this State other than Cook County
and the 5 counties contiguous to Cook County and shall include
a school district located in a city having a population over
500,000. The task force shall review the content and design of
standardized assessments; the time and money expended to
prepare for standardized assessments as measured against the
purpose of the assessment; parent, student, and educator
perceptions of the level and intensity of standardized
assessments; and any other issues involving standardized
assessments identified by the task force. The State Board of
Education shall provide administrative support to the task
The task force shall report its findings to the Governor
and General Assembly no later than May 31, 2015, and, upon