|09700HB3294ham002||- 2 -||LRB097 10922 NHT 53235 a|
(1) One representative from each of the following: The
Office of the Attorney General, the Department of Public
Health, and the State Board of Education.
(2) One member of the Senate appointed by the President
of the Senate and one member of the Senate appointed by the
Minority Leader of the Senate.
(3) One member of the House of Representatives
appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives
and one member of the House of Representatives appointed by
the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives.
(4) A representative of an organization representing
students with food allergens.
(5) A representative of a statewide professional
(6) A representative of a different statewide
professional teachers' organization.
(7) A representative of an organization representing
school management in this State.
(8) A representative of a statewide organization
representing physicians in this State.
(9) A representative of a statewide organization
representing nurses in this State.
(10) A representative of a statewide organization
representing advanced practice nurses in this State.
(11) A representative of a statewide organization
|09700HB3294ham002||- 3 -||LRB097 10922 NHT 53235 a|
representing school nurses in this State.
(12) A representative of a statewide organization
representing public health organizations in this State.
(13) A representative of a statewide organization
representing pharmacists in this State.
The Task Force may call upon experts to provide additional
information and testimony.
(d) The Task Force shall make recommendations for school
district responses to anaphylaxis emergencies that occur at
school or at school-sponsored activities in such cases where
(i) a student's prescribed epinephrine auto-injector is not
available when the emergency occurs or (ii) an undiagnosed
student is showing life-threatening symptoms of anaphylaxis.
In addition, the Task Force shall gather information and make
recommendations concerning the permissible storage of
emergency epinephrine auto-injectors in a school building.
(e) Members of the Task Force shall serve without
(f) The Task Force shall submit a report to the General
Assembly no later than 18 months after the effective date of
this amendatory Act of the 97th General Assembly.
(g) The Department of Public Health shall, with the
assistance of the State Board of Education, provide staff and
support and is responsible for the administration of the Task