|HB0399 Engrossed||- 2 -||LRB102 03974 HEP 13990 b|
Commission or his or her designee.
(9) The Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Metra
or his or her designee.
(10) The Mayor of the City of Chicago or his or her
(11) A representative of a labor organization
representing rail workers.
(12) A representative of a trade organization related
to the rail industry.
(13) A representative of the Metropolitan Mayors and
(14) A representative from the Illinois Railroad
(15) A representative from the University of Illinois
(16) A representative from the Municipal Planning
(17) A representative of the Illinois Municipal
(18) A representative of the Champaign-Urbana Mass
(c) The Chairperson of the Commission shall be elected
from the Commission's membership by a simple majority vote of
the total membership of the Commission. The Vice-Chairperson
of the Commission shall be elected from the Commission's
membership by a simple majority vote of the total membership
|HB0399 Engrossed||- 3 -||LRB102 03974 HEP 13990 b|
of the Commission.
(d) The Governor, President of the Senate, Minority Leader
of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Representatives, and
Minority Leader of the House of Representatives shall make
their initial appointments to the Commission by January 1,
(e) Vacancies in Commission membership shall be filled in
the same manner as initial appointments.
(f) Total membership of the Commission consists of the
number of members serving on the Commission, not including any
vacant positions. A quorum consists of a simple majority of
total membership and shall be sufficient to conduct the
business of the Commission, unless stipulated otherwise in the
bylaws of the Commission.
(g) The Commission shall meet at least quarterly.
Duties of Commission.
The High-Speed Railway
Commission shall create a statewide plan for a high-speed rail
line and feeder network connecting St. Louis, Missouri and
Chicago, Illinois that includes current existing Amtrak and
Metra services, connects the cities of Rockford, Moline,
Peoria, and Decatur, and uses inter-city bus service to
coordinate with the rail line. The Commission shall conduct a
ridership study and shall make findings and recommendations
concerning a governance structure, the frequency of service,
and implementation of the plan. The Commission shall report to