TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER f: HIGHWAYS
PART 530 ACCOMMODATION OF UTILITIES ON RIGHT-OF-WAY
SECTION 530.100 PERMIT APPLICATION
Section 530.100 Permit Application
a) The permit application shall be in a form prescribed by the Department. Upon request, forms will be supplied by the Department. The application shall require the applicant to provide specific information necessary for the Department to determine whether a permit should be issued. As a minimum, the following information shall be provided:
1) Name of applicant.
2) Legal status of applicant, such as an individual, joint venture, partnership, incorporation, or governmental unit.
3) Address, zip code, and telephone number of the applicant.
4) Proposed use of highway (describe what applicant wants to do), including location, physical description, and type of materials to be used. Scale drawings are preferred.
5) Time schedule for initiation and completion of various steps of the work proposed.
b) If required (see Section 530.270 "Requirement for a Surety Bond"), the permit application will be accompanied by a surety bond (photocopy of continuing bond is acceptable) that includes the Department as an additional named insured guaranteeing that the proposed work will comply with the terms of the permit, that the applicant will reimburse any injured party for damages relating to the permitted work, and that the applicant will remove or modify the permitted facility in a timely manner if required to do so by the Department or its successor.
c) The applicant shall show either:
1) compliance with other State agencies, or
2) that the regulations of no other State agencies are relevant to what has been proposed by the applicant.
d) Applications for gas pipeline permits shall state the proposed pipe size, design, construction class and operating pressures.
e) Applications should be submitted to the Department at the Highway District Office responsible for the area of the permit. Applications involving more than one District should be submitted to:
Illinois Department of Transportation
Bureau of Maintenance, Services Section
2300 South Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, Illinois 62764
A map showing the areas covered by the nine Highway District Offices and the addresses of those offices is included at Section 530.Illustration A.