TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
SUBCHAPTER f: HIGHWAYS
PART 530 ACCOMMODATION OF UTILITIES ON RIGHT-OF-WAY
SECTION 530.20 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE
Section 530.20 Incorporation by Reference
a) This Part incorporates references which are the basis and guidelines for the development of the Department's policy for accommodation of utilities on right-of-way of the Illinois State Highway System. Where specific reference is made, and that reference incorporates material by reference, the material incorporated is a part of this Part and shall be that which is effective as indicated, not including any later amendments or editions. Copies of the appropriate materials are available from the Department's Central Bureau of Maintenance, Division of Highways, 2300 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Illinois 62764 and all nine highway District offices (see Section 530.Illustration A).
1) American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) – A Guide for Accommodating Utilities Within Highway Right-of-Way (Copyright 1981).
2) AASHTO – A Policy on the Accommodation of Utilities Within Freeway Right-of-Way (Copyright 1989).
3) U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) – Federal-Aid Highway Program Manual Transmittal 426 (HNG-12) dated November 11, 1988 (Volume 6, Chapter 6, Section 3, Subsection 2).
4) U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration – Federal-Aid Highway Program Manual Transmittal 74 (HRW-O) dated October 4, 1974 (Volume 7, Chapter 4, Section 3).
5) Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. – American National Standards, National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI C2-1990).
6) The American Society of Mechanical Engineers – American National Standards, Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping Systems (ANSI/ASME B31.8), 1989 edition.
7) The American Society of Mechanical Engineers – American National Standards, Liquid Petroleum Transportation Piping Systems (ANSI/ASME B31.4), 1989 edition.
8) The Associated General Contractors of Illinois – Standard Specifications for Water and Sewer Main Construction in Illinois, 4th edition, May 1986 publication.
9) International Society of Arboriculture – Valuation of Landscape Trees, Shrubs and Other Plants (Copyright 1988).
10) Office of Pipeline Safety Operations, U.S. Department of Transportation (49 CFR Parts 191 and 192) – Transportation of Natural and Other Gas by Pipeline: Minimum Federal Safety Standards, revised as of October 1, 1988.
11) AASHTO – Roadside Design Guide (Copyright 1989).
12) Office of Federal Register National Archives and Record Administration – National Bridge Inspection Standards (23 CFR 25), revised as of April 1, 1984.
b) NOTE: The references listed above are also available through the following sources:
1) Items 1, 2 and 11:
444 North Capitol, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
2) Items 3, 4, 10 and 12:
United States Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
400 Seventh Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20590
3) Item 5:
American National Standards Institute
New York, New York 10018
4) Items 6 and 7:
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
345 East 47th Street
New York, New York 10017
5) Item 8:
The Associated General Contractors of Illinois
3219 Executive Park Drive, P.O. Box 2579
Springfield, Illinois 62708
6) Item 9:
International Society of Arboriculture
P.O. Box 908
Urbana, Illinois 61801