TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER c: VOCATIONALLY RELATED PROGRAMS
PART 650 VENDING FACILITY PROGRAM FOR THE BLIND
SECTION 650.40 ILLINOIS COMMITTEE OF BLIND VENDORS
Section 650.40 Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors
a) DHS-DRS will provide for the biennial election of an Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors that, to the extent possible, shall be fully representative of all blind vendors in the Program on the basis of such factors as geography and vending facility type, with a goal of providing for proportional representation of blind vendors on federal property and blind vendors on other property. Participation by any blind vendor in any election shall not be conditioned upon the payment of dues or any other fees.
b) ICBV shall:
1) Actively participate with DHS-DRS in major administrative decisions and policy and program development decisions affecting the overall administration of the State's vending facility program;
2) Receive and transmit to DHS-DRS grievances at the request of blind vendors and serve as advocates for those vendors in connection with the grievances;
3) Actively participate with DHS-DRS in the development and administration of a State system for the transfer and promotion of blind vendors;
4) Actively participate with DHS-DRS in the development of training and retraining programs for blind vendors; and
5) Sponsor, with the assistance of DHS-DRS, meetings and instructional conferences for blind vendors within the State.
c) ICBV shall consist of 11 vendors, as identified by the ICBV Bylaws, all of whom must have active licenses and be operating a facility. ICBV members shall be elected biannually for a term of two years. The election shall be conducted by DHS, in the manner prescribed by 34 CFR 395.14 (2009), to assure that vendors operating a facility pursuant to 34 CFR 395.1 (2009) have an equal opportunity to participate in the election. No other persons shall be entitled to vote in the election.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 1535, effective January 19, 2010)