TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
PART 572 INDIVIDUALIZED PLAN FOR EMPLOYMENT (IPE)
SECTION 572.50 IPE DEVELOPMENT AND CONTENT
Section 572.50 IPE Development and Content
a) The IPE must be developed, agreed to and signed by the customer, or, as appropriate, the customer's parent, family member, guardian, advocate, or authorized representative, and approved and signed by the counselor. The IPE shall be developed and implemented in a manner that affords the customer the opportunity to exercise informed choice (89 Ill. Adm. Code 557.20) in selecting an employment outcome, the specific vocational services to be provided, the provider of the services and the methods used to provide services.
b) The IPE must contain the following:
1) a statement of the specific employment outcome that is chosen by the customer based on the assessment (89 Ill. Adm. Code 553.100), including an assessment of the customer's career interests. The goal shall be competitive integrated employment;
2) timelines for the initiation of the services and for the achievement of the employment outcome;
3) the customer's rights and remedies, including filing of an appeal under 89 Ill. Adm. Code 510;
4) a description of the Client Assistance Program (CAP), its services, and how to contact CAP;
5) a statement of the specific VR services to be provided, including substantial services as defined in Section 89 Ill. Adm. Code 521.20;
6) identification of the entity or entities that will provide VR services to the customer and how the customer will receive the specific services, including comparable benefits (e.g., by attending an on-site training program, by office visits to a medical services provider, etc.). This shall include a statement describing how service shall be provided or arranged with other service providers;
7) how progress toward achieving the employment outcome will be evaluated;
8) a statement of expected need for post-employment services; and
9) a description of the terms and conditions under which services will be provided to the customer.
c) When the IPE includes supported employment services as defined in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 521.20, the IPE must include the elements in subsection (b), as well as the following components:
1) the specific supported employment services to be provided;
2) the number of hours the individual is expected to work by the time of transition to extended services;
3) the expected extended services needed, which may include natural supports, as well as a description of the source of the extended services;
4) periodic monitoring of the individual in order to ensure satisfactory progress toward achievement of the hourly work target described in subsection (c)(2); and
5) a description of any job skills training that will be provided at the job.
d) The IPE must be developed as soon as possible, but no later than 90 days after the customer is determined eligible for the VR program.
e) In unusual circumstances, the Chief of the Bureau of Field Services or the Bureau of Blind Services may grant an exception to the timeline in subsection (d) upon request and when an appropriate justification is provided by the counselor with acknowledgement from the customer.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 18451, effective October 1, 2018)