TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER f: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
PART 437 EMPLOYEE ETHICS AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST
SECTION 437.90 EMPLOYEE CONFLICT OF INTEREST VIOLATIONS
Section 437.90 Employee Conflict of Interest Violations
a) Strict compliance with all of the provisions of this Part is mandatory and any non-compliance may subject the employee to criminal penalties and/or discipline, up to and including termination of employment.
b) Any employee who has reasonable cause to believe that an employee is in violation of any of the provisions of this Part shall refer the matter to the Department's Office of Inspector General.
c) The Department may require any employee who appears to be in violation of any of the provisions of this Part to document all of his or her actions undertaken in order to determine compliance.
d) Discipline imposed for violations of this Part will be based, in part, upon whether the employee:
1) Used his or her official position for private gain (other than salary);
2) Gave preferential treatment to any entity or person in the conduct of official duties because of a personal, familial or business interest or personal relationship;
3) Impeded or adversely affected governmental efficiency or economy because of a personal, familial or business interest or personal relationship;
4) Failed to act impartially in the conduct of official duties because of a personal, familial or business interest or personal relationship; or
5) Engaged in conduct that could be reasonably construed as adversely affecting the confidence of the public in the integrity of the Department.
(Source: Amended at 44 Ill. Reg. 16418, effective September 28, 2020)