TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 409 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR YOUTH TRANSITIONAL HOUSING PROGRAMS
SECTION 409.APPENDIX A MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR A RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN
Section 409.APPENDIX A Minimum Requirements for a Risk Management Plan
The risk management plan required by Sections 409.40(c)(5) and 409.50(c)(5) shall address at least the following areas of risk with the answers sufficiently explained.
1) What risks are presented by the shelter or housing services offered by the YTHP when the YTHP is operational? How is the agency or organization minimizing those risks?
2) What risks are presented to staff or volunteers and caregivers in the conduct of their duties? How is the YTHP minimizing those risks? Does the agency or organization provide staff with a photo identification card?
3) What training is provided to staff or volunteers to help them identify and minimize risks associated with their various duties or living arrangements? Describe all required training.
4) Does the YTHP have a plan to assure the quality of shelter or housing services it delivers? Describe the quality assurance plan.
5) Are adequate investigations into the qualifications, education, and experience of staff or volunteers completed before they are hired? Describe the hiring process.
6) Are facility personnel or volunteers sufficiently qualified to provide shelter or housing services to the types of youth accepted for care? How do staff qualifications compare to the special needs that youth may present?
7) Does the design of any building used for family and child related activities (such as rooms used for family counseling or visits) minimize risks to staff and clients?
8) Does the YTHP appropriately maintain the buildings?
9) Does the agency or organization have a regular maintenance schedule for vehicles used to transport youth? If so, describe the schedule.
10) Does the YTHP require persons who transport children and or youth to use safety restraints and make adequate child safety seats available to staff and volunteers?
11) Does the YTHP have policies in place regarding when staff and volunteers of the same and opposite sex may be alone with clients?
12) Does the YTHP have emergency and disaster preparedness plans? Are they posted and made available to staff? If so, describe the plan and how it is made available to staff.
13) Does the YTHP have plans to ensure the needs and special risks when homeless youth are caring for their own children?