TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 408 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR GROUP DAY CARE HOMES
SECTION 408.25 PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO PERMITS
Section 408.25 Provisions Pertaining to Permits
a) A permit shall not be issued until:
1) The application for licensure has been completed and signed by the applicants and all parts of the initial application requirements have been submitted to the Department;
2) The background checks required by Section 408.40 have been completed and the results of the background check have been received for the operator of the group day care home;
3) Character references have been requested regarding the primary caregivers, and at least 2 favorable references have been received;
4) Medical reports as required in Section 408.35(f) have been received by the Department for all caregivers and assistants;
5) The applicant who is the primary caregiver has been certified in first-aid, the Heimlich maneuver, and infant/child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Section 408.35(i);
6) A personal visit to the home by a licensing representative has been completed. The purpose of this visit is to determine compliance with all the licensing requirements except the requirements for remaining character references, medical examination reports, and well water tests compliance that may be complied with within the 6 month period covered by the permit. However, when well water tests are required, applicants must agree to boil all drinking and cooking water and to provide only bottled water for children under 15 months of age until the test results are received;
7) Proof of public liability insurance as required by Section 408.35(j) (such proof may consist of, but is not limited to, a copy of an insurance policy, binder or certificate; or a letter from the insurance carrier);
8) Plan developed for emergency medical care as required by Section 408.70;
9) Furnishings and equipment have been acquired for the number of children to be served during the 6 month permit period in accordance with Appendices C and D;
10) Medical reports and character references are on file for employed staff at the home;
11) A written fire safety inspection and approval has been completed in accordance with Section 408.10(c); and
12) A written plan has been submitted to the licensing representative that indicates that requirements for a license shall be met within the 6 month permit period.
b) A permit shall not be issued retroactively.
c) A permit shall not be transferred to another person or other legal entity.
d) A permit shall not be valid for a name or address different from the name and address shown on the issued permit.
e) A permit shall not be renewable.
f) A current permit shall be prominently displayed in the group day care home at all times while the home is operating under a permit.
g) A license shall be issued at any time within the 6 month period covered by the permit provided that the group day care home achieves and maintains compliance with the Department's licensing standards.
h) The group day care home shall adhere to the provisions or restrictions specified on the permit.
i) There shall be no fee or charge for the permit.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 10808, effective July 29, 2016)