TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 406 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR DAY CARE HOMES
SECTION 406.21 SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN
Section 406.21 School Age Children
a) A day care home receiving children within the school age range shall comply with the standards for day care homes except when inconsistent with the special requirements in this Section.
b) Programs and activities that meet the developmental needs of school age children shall be provided.
1) Outdoor and indoor activities shall be provided.
2) Children who have been in school all day shall have time set aside for relaxation and recreation.
3) There shall be opportunity for study in a quiet area.
4) Children shall be able to participate in after school activities sponsored by the school upon written permission from the parent(s).
5) Age appropriate materials shall be provided, including, but not limited to: puzzles, games, books, art supplies.
c) Nutritional needs shall be fulfilled.
1) A snack shall be served when children arrive at the home after school in accordance with Section 406.17 (c).
2) Children who come to the home from school for lunch shall be served a nutritionally balanced meal in accordance with Section 406.17 (c).
d) Areas of responsibility shall be clearly established and agreed to in writing between parent, school, and caregiver including, but not limited to:
1) Children leaving the day care home to go to school.
2) Children leaving school to go home.
3) Children leaving the day care home for any reason.
4) Children participating in after school activities or visiting friends.