TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 406 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR DAY CARE HOMES
SECTION 406.18 TRANSPORTATION OF CHILDREN BY DAY CARE HOME
Section 406.18 Transportation of Children By Day Care Home
a) Children may be transported only when the child/adult ratios in accordance with Section 406.13 are maintained and the person transporting is 18 years of age or older and has a valid driver's license for the vehicle classification being used.
b) Caregivers shall be responsible for assuring the safe transport of children.
c) Each child shall be individually fastened into a suitable infant or child restraint device whenever the vehicle is in motion. The restraint shall be federally approved and labeled as such and used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. This requirement shall not apply to a child for whom a physician has certified, in writing, that the child has a physical handicap that prevents wearing an appropriate restraint device.
d) While transporting children, the driver shall be responsible for seeing that:
1) Each child shall board or leave the vehicle from the curb side of the street, and shall be safely conducted to the home or facility.
2) A responsible person as designated by the child's parents or guardian shall receive the child when delivered to the home or the facility.
e) No child shall be left unattended in a vehicle.
f) The vehicle shall be safely equipped and the caregiver shall comply with State and local laws pertaining to vehicles.
1) The vehicle shall be equipped in accordance with requirements of the Illinois Vehicle Equipment Law [625 ILCS 5/Ch. 12] and local vehicle safety ordinances.
2) Evidence of compliance regarding vehicle liability and medical insurance shall be on file with the home records. Evidence may consist of, but is not limited to, a copy of an insurance policy, binder or certificate, or a letter from the insurance carrier.
3) The vehicle shall be equipped with safety locking devices on doors and shall be maintained in a mechanically safe condition at all times.
(Source: Amended at 25 Ill. Reg. 5714, effective April 1, 2001)