TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 406 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR DAY CARE HOMES
SECTION 406.7 PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO PERMITS
Section 406.7 Provisions Pertaining to Permits
a) A permit shall not be issued until:
1) The application for licensure has been completed and signed by the applicants and all parts of the initial application requirements have been submitted to the Department;
2) The background checks required by Section 406.9 have been completed and the results of the background check have been received for the operator of the day care home;
3) Medical reports as required in Section 406.24(i) have been received by the Department for all caregivers and assistants;
4) The applicant who is the primary caregiver has been certified in first-aid, the Heimlich maneuver, and infant/child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Section 406.9(n);
5) Character references have been requested, and at least two favorable references have been received and the results of the background check have been received for the operator of the day care home;
6) A personal visit to the home by a licensing representative has been completed. The purpose of this visit is to determine compliance with all the licensing requirements except the requirements for remaining character references, medical examination reports, and well water tests compliance that may be complied with within the 2 month period covered by the permit. However, when well water tests are required, applicants must agree to boil all drinking and cooking water and to provide only bottled water for children under 15 months of age until the test results are received;
7) A written plan has been submitted to the licensing representative that indicates that requirements for a license shall be met within the 2 month permit period; and
8) A written fire safety inspection and approval of the home has been completed in accordance with Section 406.4(d).
b) A permit shall not be issued retroactively.
c) Permits shall not be transferred to another person or other legal entity.
d) Permits shall not be valid for a name or location different from the name and location shown on the issued permit.
e) Permits shall not be renewable.
f) A current permit shall be prominently displayed in the day care home at all times while the home is operating under a permit.
g) A license shall be issued at any time within the 2 month period covered by the permit provided that the day care home achieves and maintains compliance with the Department's licensing standards.
h) The day care home shall adhere to the provisions or restrictions specified on the permit.
i) There shall be no fee or charge for the permit.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 10769, effective July 29, 2016)