TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 405 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR DAY CARE AGENCIES
SECTION 405.19 RECORDS AND REPORTS
Section 405.19 Records and Reports
a) The agency shall maintain current records, as delineated in this Section, on each child receiving care or services, on agency personnel (including volunteers), and on each facility operating under its supervision.
b) Records for each child shall include written agreements as required by Section 405.18(b) and (c).
c) Records shall be maintained on all employees and shall contain all pertinent information relative to character, suitability, and qualifications for the position; health; three verified character references; history of employment for the previous five years; date of employment by the day care agency; and, if applicable, date and reason(s) for separation from the day care agency.
d) The day care agency shall maintain a separate file of the results of the background check required by Section 405.12 and 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385, Background Checks.
e) The day care agency shall maintain and submit reports on staff and volunteers to the Department on forms provided by the Department.
1) An individual report on each new employee (including owner, operator, or directors) shall be filed with the Department; a copy of this report shall be kept at the agency.
2) All staff changes shall be reported to the Department within two business days after beginning employment. Such reports shall be accompanied by complete, signed authorizations for background checks, as required by 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385, Background Checks.
3) Copies of documentation of medical information, verification of educational achievement, and character references of employees shall be provided upon request by the Department.
f) The day care agency shall maintain a file on each day care home under its supervision. The file shall contain, but not be limited to, the following information:
1) A copy of the day care home's application for a license.
2) All licensing studies and related documents and findings, including the agency's recommendation regarding the licensing of the home.
3) Copy of the day care home license.
4) Reports from supervisory visits.
g) Financial records of operations shall be maintained as part of the permanent records of the agency.
h) The day care agency shall enter in the child's record and orally report immediately to the child's parent, guardian, and the Department any serious occurrences involving children. Oral reports shall be confirmed in writing within two working days of the occurrence. If the agency is unable to contact the parent, guardian or Department immediately, it shall document this fact in the child's record. These occurrences include serious accident or injury requiring extensive medical care or hospitalization; death; arrest; alleged abuse or neglect; major fire or other emergency situations.
i) Evidence of child abuse or neglect shall be reported immediately in accordance with the Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act [325 ILCS 5].
j) Records shall be kept in safe, locked places.
k) Authorized Department licensing representatives or other Department representatives who have the Director's written authorization which specifies the statutory authority or administrative rule under which the access is granted shall have access to records and reports. All persons who have access to the records and reports shall respect their confidential nature.
(Source: Amended at 21 Ill. Reg. 4513, effective April 1, 1997)