TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 404 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR CHILD CARE INSTITUTIONS AND MATERNITY CENTERS
SECTION 404.13 CHILD CARE STAFF
Section 404.13 Child Care Staff
a) There shall be at least one child care supervisor who shall be a full-time employee. The administrator or another person qualified as a child care supervisor may fill the position. The child care supervisor supervises those persons whose primary responsibility is daily care of children, known as child care staff.
b) Child care supervisors shall have the following qualifications:
1) be at least 25 years of age;
2) have two years of college credits;
3) have two years of full-time experience in a residential child care program;
4) demonstrate skill in working with and managing children of the type served in the program; and
5) demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with administration, staff, and persons external to the program.
c) Child care workers shall work under the supervision of a child care supervisor and shall have the following qualifications:
1) be at least 18 years of age, if there is an on-site supervisor. If there is no on-site supervisor, child care staff must be at least 21 years of age;
2) hold a high school diploma or GED certificate;
3) be in good physical and mental health;
4) have the capacity to accept the supervision within the child care program and to relate constructively to authority; and
5) demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with other staff and a variety of persons external to the program, including representatives of other institutions and agencies and parents of the children.
d) Child care workers and supervisors employed as of November 30, 1981, by facilities which are licensed shall be deemed qualified.
e) At least one-half of the child care workers shall be full-time employees.
(Source: Amended at 21 Ill. Reg. 4488, effective April 1, 1997)