TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 404 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR CHILD CARE INSTITUTIONS AND MATERNITY CENTERS
SECTION 404.7 PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO PERMITS
Section 404.7 Provisions Pertaining to Permits
a) A permit shall not be issued until:
1) the application for license has been completed and signed by an officer of the governing body of the child care institution or maternity center and submitted to the Department;
2) written clearances concerning compliance with the fire, health, sanitation, local zoning, and safety requirements as specified in State laws and municipal codes are received. If well water is used, a copy of the inspection report and certification of compliance with local or Illinois Department of Public Health regulations is on file;
3) a person in charge of the administration and operation of the child care institution who has passed the background check requirements of 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385, Background Checks has been employed;
4) furnishings, equipment and space sufficient for the number of children to be served have been acquired;
5) child care staff sufficient for the number of children to be served have been hired;
6) a written plan has been filed which requires provision of food, clothing, educational and religious opportunities and health care of children to meet the physical, spiritual, mental and health needs of the children;
7) the facility has established procedures and forms to maintain required and necessary records including records on the children served;
8) a written plan on how the requirements for licensure will be met has been developed within the permit period;
9) references and medical reports on all staff, including the administrator, are on file at the institution; and
10) demonstration of financial capability through a projected budget and letters of commitment from the sources of income specified in the budget.
b) A permit shall not be issued retroactively.
c) The permit shall not be transferred or transmitted to another person or other legal entity.
d) The permit shall not be valid for a name or an address different than the name and address shown on the issued permit.
e) The permit shall not be renewable.
f) The permit shall be displayed on the premises in an area visible to the public at all times.
g) A license shall be issued any time within the six month period covered by the permit provided the facility achieves and maintains compliance with the Department's licensing standards.
h) There will be no fee or charge for issuing the permit.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 9976, effective July 1, 2005)