TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 404 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR CHILD CARE INSTITUTIONS AND MATERNITY CENTERS
SECTION 404.4 APPLICATION FOR LICENSE
Section 404.4 Application for License
a) Application for license shall be completed by the officers of the governing body of the institution on forms prescribed and furnished by the Department.
b) For the application to be considered complete, the following shall be attached to the application:
1) articles of incorporation and bylaws, indicating that the institution's corporate status is in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State and specifying whether the institution is for profit or not-for-profit;
2) if a not-for-profit corporation under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code (26 USCA 501), a copy of the Internal Revenue Service ruling on the institution's exemption status from Federal income tax and registration with the Charitable Trust Bureau of the Attorney General's Office (if applicable);
3) a statement of purpose, including the types of child care provided;
4) list of owners, officers, board members, and principal shareholders owning more than 5% of the stock of the corporation and each person's attestation that he or she has not been convicted of a felony or indicated as a perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect, as defined in Appendix B of 89 Ill. Adm. Code 300 (Reports of Child Abuse and Neglect). This includes any or all of the above persons who reside outside the State of Illinois. The board list shall include the name, home address or Post Office Box and contact phone number other than the agency's telephone number, of the board chair and officers of the board and name of the board members and committees of the governing body;
5) list of standing committees;
6) documentation of compliance with local zoning regulations;
7) operating budget;
8) range of services;
9) staffing plan which includes job descriptions and the qualifications of staff;
10) a list of persons subject to the background check requirements of 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385 (Background Checks) and each person's complete, signed authorization to conduct the background check; and
11) a code of ethics adopted by the governing body. This code of ethics must be at least as stringent as the Code of Ethics for Child Welfare Professionals (published by the Office of Communications, Department of Children and Family Services, 406 E. Monroe Street, Station #65, Springfield, Illinois 62701, May 1996, or found on the Department's website at www.state.il.us/dcfs.
c) A new application shall be filed:
1) when an application for license has been withdrawn, and the institution seeks to reapply;
2) there is a change of address of a facility;
3) there is a change of ownership, name or corporate status; or
4) not sooner than 12 months after the Department has revoked or refused to renew a license, and a new license is sought.
d) A new application may be submitted at any time a license, permit or application has been voluntarily surrendered or withdrawn by the applicant.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 9976, effective July 1, 2005)