TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 402 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR FOSTER FAMILY HOMES
SECTION 402.26 RECORDS TO BE MAINTAINED
Section 402.26 Records to be Maintained
a) Records to be maintained by the foster family shall include:
1) the name and date of birth of each youth in care placed in the foster home, the legal guardian of the child, religion of the child, and arrangements for education of the child;
2) a record of immunizations the child has received; any physical problems, limitations, or allergies the child has; any current recommendations for special medical care;
3) the name, address, and telephone number of the child's physician, legal guardian, permanency worker, supervisor, and supervising agency;
4) a log of medication prescribed and given;
5) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of persons to contact in case of emergency;
6) a list of the names of persons to whom the child may be released;
7) a record of any waivers granted by the legal guardian for immunizations, medical examinations, and treatment, when applicable;
8) a record and/or receipts for distribution of allowance and clothing funds;
9) a record of the emergency evacuation plan and quarterly rehearsals (see Section 402.8);
10) a record of the child care supervision plan, when required under Section 402.11(b);
11) a copy of the overnight visit forms developed and prescribed by the Department, which shall be kept for the duration of the visit;
12) a copy of any consent for out-of-state travel or extended trips on a CFS-432, Consent for Out-of-State Travel/Out of Country/Extended Trips form.
b) The foster family shall maintain records to verify attendance at required pre-service and in-service trainings.
c) Records maintained by the foster family shall be kept current and shall be open to inspection by the supervising agency. All persons who have access to the foster family's records shall respect their confidential nature.
(Source: Amended at 44 Ill. Reg. 6019, effective April 1, 2020)