TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 402 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR FOSTER FAMILY HOMES
SECTION 402.25 REQUIRED WRITTEN CONSENTS
Section 402.25 Required Written Consents
a) The supervising agency shall ensure that prior written consents from legally responsible persons (parent, court, or other legal custodian or guardian) are obtained for certain acts of a child or performance of certain acts on his or her behalf, including but not limited to:
1) health care and treatment, including medical, surgical, psychiatric, psychological, and dental;
2) use of psychoactive drugs;
3) religious instruction and/or church attendance in a different faith;
4) work programs, induction into the armed services, driving a car and car ownership;
5) extensive visits, trips, or excursions;
6) use of photographs for publicity or other purposes; and
7) consent to marriage for child under age of 18.
b) Written consents shall be dated and limited to a specific period of time.
c) Any written or verbal consent or authorization given by the individuals referenced in subsection (a) or by others that conflicts with any of the requirements of this Part is not valid.
(Source: Amended at 44 Ill. Reg. 6019, effective April 1, 2020)