TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE
PART 402 LICENSING STANDARDS FOR FOSTER FAMILY HOMES
SECTION 402.6 PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO PERMITS
Section 402.6 Provisions Pertaining to Permits
a) A two month permit may be issued only with the personal written approval of the Director of the Department when:
1) The application for license has been completed and signed by the foster parent applicants and submitted to the Department;
2) The required background check forms have been completed in accordance with 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385 (Background Checks), classifiable fingerprints, as defined in this Part, have been obtained, and Child Sex Offender Registry and CANTS checks have been completed that find no history of child abuse or neglect or criminal activities for the foster home applicants;
3) A complete licensing study has been conducted by the licensing representative and it has been determined that the family is in reasonable compliance with all applicable standards except for receipt, review, and disposition of the criminal background check required by 89 Ill. Adm. Code 385 (Background Checks);
4) Furnishings, equipment and space sufficient for the children have been acquired; and
5) The applicants have signed:
A) affidavits indicating whether they have or have not been convicted or charged with a crime other than a minor traffic violation and a description of any convictions or charges;
B) acknowledgments that, by virtue of being a foster parent, they are mandated to report suspected child abuse or neglect;
C) acknowledgements that the permit is time limited and issuance of a license is contingent upon the results of the criminal background check;
D) acknowledgements that the permit may be cancelled and the Department will refuse to issue a license if the results of the criminal background check are unfavorable; and
E) acknowledgements that any children placed in their care will be removed without prior notice if information provided during the application process has been falsified or the applicants have a prior criminal history, other than for a minor traffic violation.
b) A permit shall not be issued retroactively.
c) Permits shall not be transferred to another person or other legal entity.
d) Permits shall not be valid for a name or address different from the name and address shown on the issued permit.
e) Permits shall not be renewable.
f) A current permit shall be available in the foster home at all times while the home is operating under a permit.
g) A license shall be issued at any time within the two month period covered by the permit provided that the foster family home achieves and maintains compliance with the Department's licensing standards.
h) The foster family shall adhere to the provisions or restrictions specified on the permit.
i) There shall be no fee or charge for the permit.
(Source: Amended at 26 Ill. Reg. 2624, effective February 11, 2002)