TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER c: FISCAL ADMINISTRATION
PART 361 REIMBURSEMENT TO COUNTIES
SECTION 361.4 RULES FOR PLACEMENT UNDER SECTION 5-7 OF THE JUVENILE COURT ACT
Section 361.4 Rules for Placement Under Section 5-7 of the Juvenile Court Act
a) Agencies and probation officers may place minors under Section 5-7 of the Juvenile Court Act only when such minors are:
1) placed in the least restrictive setting which most closely approximates a family and in which the child's needs may be met; and
2) placed within reasonable proximity to their homes, taking into account any special needs of the child and family and the availability of the service resources needed for the child and family; and
3) placed with a family of the same race as the child, whenever possible; and
4) placed, if possible, in a home that most closely approximates the religious, ethnic and cultural background of the biological family; and
5) placed in the home of a relative when the child is familiar with the home and when the child can benefit from the relationship between the parent(s), the relative, and the child; and
6) placed, if a child of American Indian heritage, according to Department of Children and Family Services Rules concerning Indian Child Welfare Services (part 307); and
7) placed in child care facilities licensed by the Department under the Child Act of 1969 (Ill. Rev. Stat. 1979, ch. 23, par. 2211 et seq.) or approved by the Department as meeting the standards established for licensing as promulgated through rulemaking Part 332, "Approval of Relative Home Caretakers," Part 402, "Licensing Standards for Foster Family Homes," Part 403, Licensing Standards for Group Homes, and Part 404, "Licensing Standards for Child Care Institutions and Maternity Centers").
b) No minor shall be placed in a child care facility outside of Illinois unless the placement has complied with the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children or, when not applicable, the appropriate Interstate office.