TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER c: FISCAL ADMINISTRATION
PART 353 CHILDREN'S ACCOUNTS
SECTION 353.6 ACCOUNT TERMINATION
Section 353.6 Account Termination
a) The Department shall close a child's account within 90 days after receipt of information related to:
1) Change in guardianship/legal status;
2) Change in payee;
3) Child for whom the Department retains legal responsibility returns home;
4) Child no longer eligible for any benefits; or
5) Child reaches the age at which he/she is entitled to the receipt of monies.
b) The Department shall make a final accounting of monies. Any disbursement shall be made in accordance with Section 353.5 (Disbursements from Accounts).
c) Upon termination of a child's account:
1) When the Department has conserved funds received from an issuing agency, it shall return any balance, exceeding the amount remitted to the State's funds, to the issuing agency, unless the Department is instructed otherwise by the issuing agency.
2) When the Department has conserved funds from any source other than an issuing agency, it shall return any balance, exceeding the amount remitted to the State's funds, to the parent or guardian who assumes legal responsibility for the child and/or the child's finances, or to the child directly if he or she is emanicipated and capable of managing his or her own finances.
(Source: Amended at 25 Ill. Reg. 2709, effective February 1, 2001)