TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER c: FISCAL ADMINISTRATION
PART 352 FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTS OR GUARDIANS OF THE ESTATES OF CHILDREN
SECTION 352.6 TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT BALANCES
Section 352.6 Termination of Account Balances
a) When the services subject to charge are terminated, the charge shall be prorated to cover the number of days the services were provided excluding the date of service termination.
b) A request to write-off a past due account balance shall be submitted to the Attorney General's Office when:
1) the debtor is deceased and has no known assets, as documented by the executor of the estate on forms provided by the Department,
2) the debtor is age 65 or older with income at or below the poverty level, as calculated in accordance with 42 U.S.C. Section 9847 and 46 FR 62674, (1981),
3) the debtor has been disabled for three (3) years or more and had income at or below the poverty level for the same period of time,
4) an account has been delinquent for ten (10) years or more than the balance is $500.00 or less, or
5) the debtor has been unemployed for five (5) or more years and has had no income for that period of time. Public Assistance payments shall not be considered income.
(Source: Amended at 9 Ill. Reg. 2247, effective February 15, 1985)