TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: PROGRAM AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
PART 329 LOCATING AND RETURNING MISSING, RUNAWAY, AND ABDUCTED CHILDREN
SECTION 329.40 RETURN OF MISSING, RUNAWAY, AND ABDUCTED CHILDREN FOR WHOM THE DEPARTMENT IS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE
Section 329.40 Return of Missing, Runaway, and Abducted Children for Whom the Department is Legally Responsible
a) When other resources are not available the Department shall arrange for and pay for the return of children for whom the Department is legally responsible who have been missing, on runaway, or abducted from their parents' or caretakers' homes.
b) When a child who has been missing, on runaway, or abducted has been found and returned, the child's caseworker shall:
1) Conduct a thorough follow-up interview with the child to determine the circumstances behind the child's disappearance.
2) Schedule a medical examination for the child within 24 hours.
3) Determine what needs to be done for the resumption of the child's educational program.
4) Replace any clothing or personal items the child may need, if these have been lost.
5) Inform the police, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and Child Find of America, and all others who were notified of the absence, that the child has been located.
6) Complete a report of the incident that can be promptly accessed and reviewed if the child disappears again.
(Source: Section 329.3 renumbered to Section 329.40 and amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 15037, effective October 16, 2000)