TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: PROGRAM AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
PART 329 LOCATING AND RETURNING MISSING, RUNAWAY, AND ABDUCTED CHILDREN
SECTION 329.5 ALL OTHER RUNAWAY CHILDREN
Section 329.5 All Other Runaway Children
a) When no agency, state, or jurisdiction is legally responsible for children who have run away, the Department is to contact the state from which the children have run and request that state to arrange for and pay for the return of the children according to the provisions of the Interstate Compact on Juveniles. If the state from which the children have run away refuses to arrange for or pay for the children's return, the Department shall arrange for and pay for the return of children from Illinois to another state. However, the Department will not arrange for or pay for the return of an Illinois child for whom the Department is not legally responsible when the child runs away to another locale in Illinois.
b) Arranging for the Interstate Return of Runaway Children
The Department is authorized to arrange for the return of runaway children between Illinois and another state when:
1) another agency or jurisdiction is not legally responsible for the child;
2) the child will be returned to his state of legal residence and family or other caretaker; and
3) when the child or an individual speaking on behalf of the child consents to his return.
c) Paying for the Interstate Return of Runaway Children
The Department is authorized to reimburse another agency or jurisdiction for the return of runaway children between Illinois and another state when:
1) the arrangements for the child's return meet the conditions above; and
2) the agency or individual has obtained Department approval for the expenses before they were incurred.