TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 270 ADULT PROTECTION AND ADVOCACY SERVICES
SECTION 270.424 SERVICE
Section 270.424 Service
a) Notice of a scheduled hearing will include the following:
1) A statement of the time, location and nature of the hearing;
2) A statement of the legal authority and jurisdiction under which the hearing is held;
3) A reference to the statutes and rules involved;
4) The relevant contact information of the Department/other entity authorized to conduct hearings under this Subpart (Department/other entity), all parties, and all other persons to whom the Department gives notice of the hearing;
5) A clear and concise statement of the matters asserted; and
6) Any other information that is mandated by law to be included in the notice.
b) Notice of a scheduled hearing will be sent no later than 15 calendar days prior to the scheduled date of hearing.
1) Except as provided by this Subpart, orders and other notices, will be delivered to all parties by verifiable electronic methods, such as electronic mail. If these methods are unavailable or are a hardship for a party, orders and other notices will be delivered by a verifiable method reasonably anticipated to accomplish accurate and timely service.
2) Except as provided by this Subpart or other law, pleadings, motions, and other notices from a party shall be delivered to the Department/other entity and all other parties by verifiable electronic methods. If these methods are unavailable or are a hardship on a party, notice from a party will be delivered by a verifiable method reasonably anticipated to accomplish accurate and timely service.
3) Should a party choose to use an agent to accept service on its behalf, that party is responsible for notifying the Department/other entity in writing of the identity of the agent and ensuring that the Department/other entity has accurate relevant contact information for the agent.
(Source: Added at 42 Ill. Reg. 9226, effective July 1, 2018)