TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.1542 ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR EMERGENCY HOME RESPONSE SERVICE PROVIDERS
Section 240.1542 Administrative Requirements for Emergency Home Response Service Providers
a) In order to qualify for certification, a provider agency must, to the satisfaction of the Department:
1) meet the administrative requirements under Section 240.1505;
2) meet the certification requirements under Section 240.1600 or 240.1605;
3) provide assurance that its equipment and support center are in continual compliance with the technology requirements imposed on provider agencies under Section 240.1541;
4) maintain adequate records for administration, audit, budgeting, evaluation, operation and planning efforts by the Department in offering EHRS as a service through the CCP, including participant records, which shall include, but are not limited to:
A) dates and times of all signaling, and the name of the emergency responder for each signaling;
B) dates and times of all equipment tests; and
C) disposition of all emergency signaling;
5) comply with the following requirements:
A) this Part;
B) Underwriters Laboratories safety standards for home health care signaling equipment, UL 1637; and
C) Underwriters Laboratories safety standards for digital alarm communicator systems units, UL 1635.
6) complete management training provided by the Department or its designee:
A) Training shall be completed by management staff (e.g., managers, supervisors, billing agents) of the EHRS provider prior to the award of a CCP EHRS contract from the Department;
B) At a minimum, the individual responsible for administration of the CCP EHRS program at the provider agency shall complete this training;
C) The Department is authorized to charge a reasonable fee for this training to cover related administrative costs.
b) If a provider agency is not able to meet these administrative requirements, then the Department shall deny its request for a certification of qualifications under Section 240.1600.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 20653, effective January 1, 2019)