TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.1525 STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR IN-HOME SERVICE PROVIDERS
Section 240.1525 Standard Requirements for In-home Service Providers
a) In-home service providers shall maintain a physical facility in each Planning and Service Area (PSA) in which service is provided or have a facility in a neighboring PSA of sufficient capacity to serve all contiguous areas. The facility must be located in a properly zoned location for a business, cannot be operated from a private residence, and must have all of the following:
1) a designated locked storage space for participant records;
2) accessibility of records for all participants served in the PSA when required by Department review staff or designees;
3) a primary business telephone listed under the name of the business locally that allows for reliable, dependable and accessible communication;
4) internet, facsimile and email access; and
5) sufficient office space, office equipment and office support to fulfill the requirements of the Provider Agreement.
b) The in-home service provider shall include, as part of the annual audit report required by the Department, an independent CPA's opinion concerning the provider's compliance with the financial reporting requirements outlined in Section 240.2020. The CPA's opinion may be limited to assurances that:
1) the provider prepared the cost report by using acceptable accounting methods to allocate cost; and
2) the cost reports are supported by provider accounting records.
c) Management staff of the in-home service provider shall be required to complete in-home service management training provided by the Department or its designee.
1) Training shall be completed by the provider prior to the award of a CCP in-home service Provider Agreement.
2) At a minimum, the individual responsible for administration of the CCP in-home service program shall complete this training.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 20653, effective January 1, 2019)