TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.1430 CARE COORDINATOR STAFF POSITIONS, QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Section 240.1430 Care Coordinator Staff Positions, Qualifications and Responsibilities
a) A CCU shall have specified staff to carry out the following functions:
1) care coordination; and
2) supervision of care coordinators.
b) Care coordination supervisor qualifications shall be as specified in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 220.605(a)(2).
c) Care coordination qualifications shall be as specified in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 220.605(b)(2).
d) Care coordinator activities and responsibilities shall, at a minimum, include:
1) administration of the DON;
2) development of a Participant Agreement – Person-Centered Plan of Care;
3) performance and/or approval of Choices for Care screening;
4) performance of HFS OBRA-1 (Level I ID Screen);
5) authorization of CCP services; and
6) attendance at appeal hearings.
e) Required activities that may be performed by a care coordinator or other CCU staff include:
1) screening of inquiries;
2) arranging for service implementation in accordance with each specific Participant Agreement – Person-Centered Plan of Care;
3) completing required billing activities with the Department;
4) reviewing and correcting required billing activities with the Department;
5) assisting providers with Vendor Request for Payment (VRFP) rejects;
6) timely provision of documents requested by the Department for participant appeals or other Departmental matters;
7) implementing case transfers; and
8) assisting with referral of participants to HFS for Medicaid application as requested.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 20653, effective January 1, 2019)