TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER d: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
PART 146 SPECIALIZED HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEMS
SECTION 146.640 SERVICES
Section 146.640 Services
a) Medication Administration and Oversight
1) Residents of the dementia care unit shall not be allowed to self-administer medications.
2) At a minimum, SLF medication management services shall include set up, verbal reminders, and documentation by CNA or licensed nurse, as applicable, that medication was taken or refused.
3) All medication administration shall be delivered by a licensed nurse.
b) Social and Recreational Programming
1) Activities shall be suitable for residents with dementia, and may be shared with residents in the general SLF as appropriate.
2) Activities for residents of the dementia care unit shall be carried out no less than three times a day.
3) Activities shall include group socialization with the SLF and in the larger community.
c) Daily Checks
The SLF shall implement a system to check on the welfare of each dementia care unit resident no less than three times a day, at least once per shift.
d) Delivery of Mail
The SLF may develop its own policy for mail delivery by having SLF staff deliver mail to the dementia care unit or arranging for a specific time for residents to pick up their mail with staff supervision.
Residents of the dementia care unit who smoke shall be supervised when smoking in accordance with SLF policy.
(Source: Added at 33 Ill. Reg. 11803, effective August 1, 2009)