TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER d: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
PART 146 SPECIALIZED HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEMS
SECTION 146.430 COMPREHENSIVE CARE EVALUATION
Section 146.430 Comprehensive Care Evaluation
a) Each Hemophilia Treatment Center shall provide comprehensive care evaluations to patients. The components of the evaluation, specified in subsection (b) of this Section, need not all be performed at the same time or place.
b) A comprehensive care evaluation shall include:
1) Examination by a hematologist;
2) Examination by a physical therapist and/or orthopedic surgeon;
3) Dental examination;
4) Psychosocial assessment by a qualified medical social worker or other qualified person;
5) Appropriate radiographs as deemed necessary and ordered by the center director, the radiologist or orthopedist; and
6) Laboratory studies including inhibitor screen test, liver function tests, hepatitis B antigen and antibody tests, urinalysis and blood count.
c) A summary of the findings of the comprehensive care evaluation and recommendations shall be provided to the patient's primary care physician by the Hemophilia Treatment Center.
d) A review and summary of the findings signed by the center director shall be presented to the patient at the conclusion of the examination.
e) A written statement by the center director indicating that the comprehensive care evaluation has been performed shall be sent to the State Hemophilia Program each year.
(Source: Added at 29 Ill. Reg. 6967, effective May 1, 2005)