TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER d: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
PART 146 SPECIALIZED HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEMS
SECTION 146.105 DEFINITIONS
Section 146.105 Definitions
For purposes of this Part, the following terms shall be defined as follows:
a) "Ambulatory Surgical Treatment Center" or "ASTC". Any distinct entity that operates primarily for the purpose of providing surgical services to patients not requiring hospitalization. Such facilities shall not provide beds or other accommodations for the overnight stay of patients; however, facilities devoted exclusively to the treatment of children may provide accommodations and beds for their patients for up to 23 hours following admission. Individual patients shall be discharged in an ambulatory condition without danger to the continued well-being of the patients or shall be transferred to a hospital or other similar environment. This provision shall include any place which meets the definition of an ambulatory surgical treatment center under the regulations of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (42 CFR 416). The term "ambulatory surgical treatment center" does not include:
1) Any institution, place, building or agency required to be licensed pursuant to the Hospital Licensing Act [210 ILCS 85].
2) Any person or institution required to be licensed pursuant to the Nursing Home Care Act [210 ILCS 45], the ID/DD Community Care Act [210 ILCS 47], or the Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Act of 2013 [210 ILCS 49].
3) Hospitals or ambulatory surgical treatment centers maintained by the State or any department or agency thereof, where such department or agency has authority under law to establish and enforce standards for the hospitals or ambulatory surgical treatment centers under its management and control.
4) Hospitals or ambulatory surgical treatment centers maintained by the federal government or agencies thereof.
5) Any place, agency, clinic or practice, public or private, whether organized for profit or not, devoted exclusively to the performance of dental or oral surgical procedures.
b) "Ambulatory Surgical Treatment Center Services." Facility services that are furnished in an ambulatory surgical treatment center.
c) "Department." The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services .
d) "Facility Services." Services that are furnished in connection with covered surgical procedures performed in an ambulatory surgical treatment center.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 15152, effective July 2, 2014)