TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER d: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
PART 140 MEDICAL PAYMENT
SECTION 140.583 CAMPUS FACILITIES
Section 140.583 Campus Facilities
a) A "campus facility" is defined as an entity which consists of a long term care facility (or group of facilities if the facilities are on the same contiguous parcel of real estate) which meets all of the following criteria as of May 1, 1987:
1) The entity provides care for both children and adults.
2) Residents of the entity reside in three or more separate buildings with congregate and small group living arrangements on a single campus.
3) The entity provides three or more separate licensed levels of care on the same campus. One of these licensed levels of care must be ICF/MR and the entity must receive funding from the Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities. The facility must also be licensed as a child care institution by the Department of Children and Family Services (see 89 Ill. Adm. Code 404).
b) Allowable costs will be determined under the same guidelines as used for other types of facilities providing services for ICF/MR residents (see Sections 140.530 through 140.541).
c) The campus facility reimbursement rate will be determined using the following steps:
1) Determine the total allowable cost for all residential campus services. Costs for day training, education, and day care services shall not be included in the calculation of the campus facility rate.
2) Obtain the per diem cost by dividing the total allowable cost by the adjusted patient days. The adjusted patient days will be determined in accordance with Section 140.582.
3) The operating costs are adjusted for inflation. The inflation factors will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Section 140.550. The inflated per diem operating costs are added to the per diem capital costs to obtain the updated total per diem cost.
4) The updated total per diem cost is compared to the ceiling. Beginning July 1, 1991, the prior year rate will be multiplied by .15 and added to the lower of the above two amounts to result in the prospective payment rate.
5) The ceiling will be determined at 115% of the average rate being paid to the Specialized Living Centers for ICF/MR residents.
(Source: Amended at 16 Ill. Reg. 6408, effective March 20, 1992)