TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER d: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
PART 140 MEDICAL PAYMENT
SECTION 140.423 LICENSED CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST SERVICES
Section 140.423 Licensed Clinical Psychologist Services
a) For purposes of enrollment in the Medical Assistance Program, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP) means a person who is licensed and is legally authorized under State law or rule to practice as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, pursuant to the Clinical Psychologist Licensing Act [225 ILCS 15] and implementing rules (68 Ill. Adm. Code 1400).
b) Effective with dates of service January 1, 2017 and after, payment shall be made to LCPs for the following services:
1) Psychological and neuropsychological testing;
2) Diagnostic evaluation;
3) Therapeutic services provided in the office, home or community setting:
A) Individual psychotherapy; or
B) Family or group psychotherapy for which the purpose is the treatment of the patient. Group psychotherapy services must meet the guidelines set forth in Section 140.462(c)(2) and (d)(2).
c) LCPs may prescribe medications in accordance with the following:
1) Hold a current prescribing psychologist license as defined in Section 4.2 of the Clinical Psychologist Licensing Act;
2) Have and maintain a current written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician as set forth in Section 4.3 of the Clinical Psychologist Licensing Act. Agreements must be updated, maintained on file at each practice location, and be available upon the Department's request.
3) The collaborating physician is not required to be enrolled with the Department. However, the collaborating physician may not be terminated, suspended or barred by the Department from participating in the Medical Assistance Program.
4) The LCP must notify the Department within 10 business days if an agreement is dissolved or if a change occurs in the collaborating physician under the agreement.
5) All prescriptions must meet the requirements set forth in Section 140.414.
d) Payment shall not be made for the following services:
1) Services identified in Section 140.6;
2) Self-administered or self-scored tests of cognitive function; and
3) Biofeedback therapy.
(Source: Added at 41 Ill. Reg. 7526, effective June 15, 2017)