TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER d: MEDICAL PROGRAMS
PART 139 CHILDREN'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
SECTION 139.310 SPECIALIZED FAMILY SUPPORT PROGRAM TRANSITION BED SERVICES
Section 139.310 Specialized Family Support Program Transition Bed Services
a) SFSP transition bed services will be provided to individuals enrolled in the SFSP, at the time of the SFSP youth's admission to the program and upon leaving the hospital or similar treatment facility.
b) SFSP transition bed services are subject to prior authorization and shall not be authorized for any combination of periods or days to exceed 30 total days.
c) In order for an SFSP youth to receive an initial 7 days of transition bed services upon admission to the SFSP, the following requirements must be met:
1) The SFSP youth will enter transition bed services upon leaving the hospital or similar treatment facility;
2) A suitable bed is available to accept the SFSP youth within the network of available SFSP transition beds;
3) The Department's designated provider of mobile crisis response services for children determines that the SFSP youth can be stabilized through the application of community supports, but requires short-term use of transition bed services;
4) The SFSP youth's crisis safety plan indicates that the use of a transition bed will stabilize the SFSP youth's immediate behavioral health needs and is signed by an LPHA;
5) The SFSP youth's parent or legal guardian is willing to accept the SFSP youth home or be solely responsible for establishing an alternative residence for the SFSP youth upon discharge from the transition bed; and
6) The prior authorization has been approved for the SFSP youth to access the SFSP transition bed pursuant to Section 139.500(f)(1).
d) Once an SFSP youth has completed the initial 7 days of transition bed services, the SFSP youth may receive additional periods of authorized days, not to exceed 30 total days of transition bed services, if the following requirements are met:
1) Ongoing authorization of care is approved pursuant to Section 139.500(f)(2);
2) The SFSP youth and the SFSP youth's parent or legal guardian continue to meet the ongoing SFSP eligibility requirements in Sections 139.205 and 139.210; and
3) The SFSP youth's parent or legal guardian has identified a living arrangement for the SFSP youth upon discharge from the SFSP transition bed.
e) The Department will reimburse providers of SFSP transition bed services as follows:
1) For State-funded services, pay the program or facility at the rate established by the Purchased Care Review Board (PCRB) as detailed in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 900. All PCRB rates and rate changes shall be applied by HFS with a prospective effective date, following the receipt of the PCRB Rate Change Letter from the provider and confirmation of the rate from the PCRB; or
2) For services that qualify for federal financial participation, the Department shall fund services consistent with the rate methodology established pursuant to section 1902(a)(13) of the Social Security Act (42 USC 1396a).