TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER a: GENERAL PROGRAM PROVISIONS
PART 10 GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
SECTION 10.350 RELEASE OF LIENS
Section 10.350 Release of Liens
a) The Department shall release a lien when:
1) The Department receives full repayment of the assistance granted subject to the lien;
2) A bond is filed, with a surety or sureties acceptable to the Department, that guarantees payment of the amount of the lien;
3) The lien was filed in error; or
4) A MANG(A), (B) or (D) recipient has been medically discharged from an institution and returns to his or her home on which the Department holds a lien.
b) The Department may also release a lien when:
1) It receives the value of the property to which the lien attaches, but its claim for any balance due on the lien is reserved against any of the recipient's subsequently discovered assets;
2) The recipient has a dependent spouse and minor children; or
3) Rehabilitative training for employment or other means of self-support is feasible where release of the lien would facilitate achievement of self-support status and prevent or reduce the likelihood of a return to dependency on public assistance.