TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 466 ELECTRIC INTERCONNECTION OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION FACILITIES
SECTION 466.APPENDIX G INTERCONNECTION FACILITIES STUDY AGREEMENT
Section 466.APPENDIX G Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Whereas, interconnection customer is proposing to develop a distributed generation facility or modifying an existing distributed generation facility consistent with the interconnection request
Whereas, interconnection customer desires to interconnect the distributed generation facility with EDC's electric distribution system; and
Whereas, EDC has completed an interconnection system impact study and provided the results of said study to interconnection customer (unless proceeding directly from Level 1, 2 or 3 review); and
Whereas, interconnection customer has requested EDC to perform an interconnection facilities study to specify and estimate the cost of the equipment, engineering, procurement and construction work needed to interconnect the distributed generation facility;
Now, therefore, in consideration of and subject to the mutual covenants contained in this Agreement, the Parties agree as follows:
1. All terms defined in Section 466.30 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard shall have the meanings indicated in that Section when used in this Agreement.
2. Interconnection customer elects and EDC shall cause an interconnection facilities study consistent with Section 466.120 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
3. The scope of the interconnection facilities study shall be determined by the information provided in Attachment A to this Agreement.
4. An interconnection facilities study report (1) shall provide a description, estimated cost of distribution upgrades, and a schedule for required facilities to interconnect the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system; and (2) shall address all issues identified in the interconnection system impact study (or identified in this study if the system impact study is combined herein).
5. Interconnection customer shall provide a study deposit of 100% of the estimated non-binding study costs at least 20 business days prior to the date upon which the study commences.
6. In cases where no distribution upgrades are required, the interconnection facilities study shall be completed and the results shall be transmitted to interconnection customer within 15 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties. In cases where distribution upgrades are required, the interconnection facilities study shall be completed and the results shall be transmitted to interconnection customer within 30 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties.
7. Study fees shall be based on actual costs and will be invoiced to interconnection customer after the study is transmitted to interconnection customer. The invoice shall include an itemized listing of employee time and costs expended on the study.
8. Interconnection customer shall pay any actual study costs that exceed the deposit within 30 calendar days on receipt of the invoice. EDC shall refund any excess deposit amount within 30 calendar days after the invoice.
In witness whereof, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be duly executed by their duly authorized officers or agents on the day and year first above written.
[Insert name of interconnection customer]
[Insert name of EDC]
Attachment A to Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Minimum Information That Interconnection Customer Must Provide With the Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement.
Provide location plan and simplified one-line diagram of the distributed generation facilities.
For staged projects, please indicate size and location of planned additional future generation.
On the one-line diagram, indicate the generation capacity attached at each metering location. (Maximum load on CT/PT).
On the one-line diagram, indicate the location of auxiliary power. (Minimum load on CT/PT) Amps.
One set of metering is required for each generation connection to the EDC's electric distribution system.
Will an alternate source of auxiliary power be available during CT/PT maintenance?
Will a transfer bus on the generation side of the metering require that each meter set be designed for the total distributed generation capacity?
Please provide a scale drawing of the site. Indicate the point of common coupling, distribution line, and property lines.
To be completed in coordination with EDC.
Is the distributed generation facility located in EDC's service area?
Please provide the following proposed schedule dates:
(Source: Amended at 41 Ill. Reg. 862, effective January 20, 2017)